Spring cleaning doesn't have to be a time-consuming or costly affair. Want to tidy your home without being overwhelmed?
Spring cleaning is important for everyone, particularly if you’re an allergy sufferer. These tips can help:
- Designate and delegate. Give every member of the household a duty. Who said one person has to do all the work?
- Don't do it all at once. It's ok to spread your spring cleaning out over a few weekends.
- Tackle one room at a time. The job seems more manageable when you break it down into smaller chunks.
- Scope out your home: What areas need the most work? Where do you skip during routine cleaning? Those are the best places to start.
- When you think about how to spring clean your home, it’s important to start from the ceiling down. This will force debris downward and keep you from having to re-dust or re-clean your space.
- Replacing furnace and HVAC filters is one of the most important and overlooked parts of spring cleaning.
- If your space feels dark and heavy, you can make small changes to help make it light and fresh for spring.